Every year, thousands of people are injured in car wrecks. Many of them, unfortunately, are the youngest people in society. The school day starts at the same time as the workday and, for children, this means that they’re out in the worst of the morning rush hour traffic. Many a Dallas car accident is caused by this combination of the most vulnerable people in society being out on the roads during the morning hours and the drowsy, rushed and stressed-out drivers that share the roads with them during these times. A bit of safety education can help your child to avoid becoming the victim of an accident.
There are a few tips that can help keep anyone, old or young, safe, though everyone tends to forget them. Remind your children about these basic procedures.
- Check carefully before crossing the street.
- Always stay in sight of the bus driver after exiting the vehicle.
- Slow down at school zones every single time you come upon one.
- Make sure that children have at least one piece of brightly-colored clothing or a bright backpack or bag.
Remember that, if someone does injure your child due to negligent driving, you may be entitled to legal compensation. A car wreck attorney can handle these cases and, if you don’t have enough money to pay for their services upfront, they may work on contingency, which means that they don’t get paid unless you win a jury award or a settlement for your case. Looking at accident statistics is a great way to get additional information about how to keep safe during the busy school year. Some additional information is helpful for everyone, whether they’re children crossing the street or adults driving down that same street.
- Dusk and dawn are difficult times for visibility; be extra careful during these hours.
- Children sometimes bolt into the street without warning. Always assume they’re about to do so.
- Busses have very limited visibility; stay behind far enough so you can see the driver’s mirrors.
- Make sure that children understand that cars cannot always see them.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a wreck, an accident personal injury attorney may be the best move for you. These professionals understand the law as it relates to driving and can make sure that you’re case is heard if you’ve been wronged by a driver who simply didn’t pay attention.